Made it to Cappadocia!  After a long 12 hour bus ride to Goreme I finally arrived.

Cappadocia

/
0 Comments

Made it to Cappadocia! 
After a long 12 hour bus ride to Goreme I finally arrived.



Cappadocia had been recommended to me by one of my friends so I had no idea where I was going or what to expect but I was impressed!

Once I arrived I started looking for  a hostel and I was surprised to see that all the hostels and hotels were almost empty so I stayed in the first hostel I stopped at. 

That morning I rested since the bus was horrible! It stopped every half hour and people got in and out and made it really hard to sleep the whole way.

In the afternoon I took local bus up the hill to the town of Uchisar and walked way down off the beaten path. 

I got dropped off in the middle of the highway so I had to figure out my way in a town that was totally empty. I started walking and finally reached the center of town and saw a sign that said "Pigeon Valley" so I turned right and went to see what the pigeon valley was all about. As I was walking I saw a hotel that had a nice terrace overlooking the pigeon valley so I went in and asked the owner if I could go and check out the view and they said yes so I got an amazing view of the rock formations.


A close up of the pigeon valley.




Then I walked around the town and started heading down.

I was able to get into caves and abandoned hotels and I even found some camels and a donkey.  Walking through the rock formations I could barely believe my eyes! The landscape was even more incredible than stars valley in Queshm, Iran! I really have never been to a place like this and was so happy to have decided to come here!










I found this donkey inside a cave!


What I love the most about traveling on my own and going at my own pace is that I never have a time constraint and can freely go wherever I want and take all the time I wish.

The view from the Uchisar to Goreme was simply marvelous, I really enjoyed the different landscapes and the beauty of this part of Earth!

Look... I found these trees full of nazars!



Look how pretty Uchisar looks from below!


On my down to Goreme I was able to stop at many viewpoints but also had to walk on the highway with some cars coming really fast down the road.





I was amazed at the view of Goreme from high up! So cool!!!!




Look at the snow capped mountain on the back!

This tree is crazy!


The next day I took a bus to the city of Avanos, famous for its ceramics.
I arrived in Avanos and looked up the tourist info location on my phone and stopped by to grab a map.


With map in hand I walked along the town looking at the many underground and cave like ceramic shops. Avanos is actually really famous for its handmade ceramics but in all honesty every single shop had exactly the same stuff! It is impossible that all of them hand made the exact same thing. As I entered many of the shops the owners would ask me if I wanted to try the wheel (that was- in all the shops- covered with plastic) but I said no. In some shops I saw boxes with ceramics in it, I highly doubted that the items where made right there by them.




After a quick stroll I decided to go check out the city of Urgup and got on a bus back. As I rode on the bus and looked at the map on my phone the more I doubted that the bus was heading to Urgup so I decided to get off a couple of kilometers away from Goreme and walk. 

I got off the bus and without a specific plan I started to walk and ended up in front of the famous cappadocia rock formations, I hiked up to a cave and went in. The going down part was super scary as it was steep and I was on my own; I prayed not to fall since there was no one around to help.





It was the best walk I had in Cappadocia, the landscape was incredible! I just felt so lucky to be walking there! The more I walked the more impressive the landscape got! It felt so magical, the views were simply impressive! 


The rose valley



Overlooking Goreme from the total opposite from the day before, the two highest  peaks in the background are Uchisar!







On my last day I took the bus to Urgup but there was absolutely nothing special about it so I just walked around town and headed back to Goreme and got ready for my 14 hour overnight but to Fethiye!


The center of town

View of the valley from the highest point in town.



You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.