Bordeaux… The French Napa Valley!

Bordeaux

/
0 Comments



Bordeaux… The French Napa Valley!


Well, I did not see any wine here since it was winter and one has to drive far away to go to the wineries so I skipped it.

I arrived after 10 days in London and my cousin's friend, Julie, was super nice and let me crash at her place.


Julie had to work so I explored the town with Lena, a girl from couch surfing who offered to show me around.


The town was rather small so we first walked along the Garonne river. Lena was born and raised in Bordeaux so she had a lot of stories and knew a lot of history about the town. 
Apparently Bordeaux and Toulouse have some kind of rivalry so she was making sure I agreed that Bordeaux was better!  



At the end of the promenade there was the wine museum (I did not visit it) that apparently had the shape of a decanter but to be honest it looked like an old boot to me!





From the old boot we took the bus back to town and checked out the  old town.



Famous sculpture of a head!

 Lena even took me to a pastry shop to try Bordeaux's famous canelés, a sweet pastry made of vanilla and rum. To be honest they weren't all that amazing, for me it was a little too hard and now as sweet and yummy as they looked.


After Canelés and some (amazing) salted caramel we went back to the promenade and checked out the most iconic place in Bordeaux, le miroir d'eau (the water mirror.)



La Garonne River


We waited until the nighttime to see le miroir d'eau in the dark and it was so beautiful!

Miroir d'eau at night.




Head looking cool even at night.

Another Christmas market!

Although my stop in Bordeaux was short, it was very enjoyable!

Now off to Toulouse... Which one will I like better?!?!






You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.